Most of Pakistan’s T20 World Cup squad have registered for The Hundred auction, which will be held in London next month. Salman Ali Agha, Shaheen Afridi, Saim Ayub, Usman Tariq, Haris Rauf, and Shadab Khan have registered for The Hundred auction, but Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan have not registered.
A total of 711 players from across the world, including Pakistan, have entered the auction. More than 50 Pakistani cricketers have registered for the auction. However, reports suggest that over half of the eight teams, which are owned by Indian investors, may stay away from bidding for players from Pakistan.
Indian-Linked Hundred Franchises May Avoid Pakistan Players
London Spirit (owned by US-based tech investors), MI Oval (Reliance Industries), Manchester SuperGiants (RPSG Group), Southern Brave (GMR Group), SunRisers Leeds (Sun TV), and Welsh Fire (owned by US-based Sanjay Govil) all have Indian ownership links.
According to reports in the English media, these franchises are unlikely to bid for any Pakistani players listed in the auction pool. The BBC reported that Indian-owned teams are not considering Pakistan cricketers for next month’s auction.
However, a couple of franchises told Cricbuzz that they have not ruled anything out yet and will focus on selecting the strongest possible squads. The Hundred auction is scheduled to take place on March 11 and 12.
Over 50 Pakistan Players Register for The Hundred Auction; No Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan
According to ESPNcricinfo, more than 50 Pakistani players have registered for next month’s The Hundred draft. The list includes Shaheen Afridi, Shadab Khan, Haris Rauf, Saim Ayub, and Usman Tariq.
Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan have not entered the draft. Even if selected, their availability would be limited due to Pakistan’s Test series against the West Indies in August. Pakistan’s white-ball teams have no international matches scheduled during The Hundred window from July 21 to August 16.
Only nine Pakistani players have appeared in the first five seasons of the tournament. Teams have often remained cautious because of international scheduling clashes and late withdrawals in previous years, including pull-outs by Afridi and Naseem Shah in 2024.
The Hundred Welcomes Players From All Over the World – ECB Spokesperson
Geopolitical tensions between India and Pakistan increased last year. The Pakistan government threatened to boycott the group-stage match against India before allowing the team to play. However, the ECB said that The Hundred remains open to players from across the world.
An ECB spokesperson said: “The Hundred welcomes men’s and women’s players from all over the world and we would expect the eight teams to reflect that.”
“Almost 1,000 cricketers from 18 nations have registered for The Hundred auction, with representation on the longlist of over 50 players respectively from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Pakistan and West Indies.”
Bangladesh fast bowler Mustafizur Rahman has entered the upcoming The Hundred auction. Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) cancelled his contract following a request from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
Also read: India vs Pakistan becomes most-watched T20 World Cup match of all time; Jay Shah delighted








